"My crush for Omotala lured me into Nollywood", Ken Jewel



It was a bright Tuesday afternoon and I was fortunate to get in contact with one of Nollywood's very own. He started as an actor, and later ventured into movie production. He is none other than Ken Jewel Okafor; a down-to-earth, focused, goal-oriented actor and producer. Here's what he had to say concerning his journey through Nollywood so far...


Naijaspiration: You are known as Ken Jewel Okafor. What are your full names, and your educational background?

Ken Jewel: Kenechukwu Christian Jewel Okafor. I obtained a B.Sc, Economics from the great citadel of learning, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Naijaspiration: When did you decide to venture into the movie industry and what was your inspiration?

Ken Jewel: I got into the movie industry in 2008 as an actor, but, i became a Nollywood Producer in 2012. Joining the movie industry is an internal drive. I have always wanted to become a film person...but, Nollywood's Nkem Owoh and Director, Tchidi Chikere inspired me a whole lot. Secondly, my crush for Omotala lured me into Nollywood *laughs*.

Naijaspiration: Interesting. Have you been opportuned to work with her so far?

Ken Jewel: No, i have not, but i'm likely to feature her in my next thriller and action movie, sometime this year.

Naijaspiration: How did the journey begin?

Ken Jewel: Well, in 2008, after i was casted in the movies, 'Calculator' and 'My love', the joy was short-lived as my parents withdrew my involvement so that i could concentrate in my university education. When i reached my third year, i started seeking for roles from producers and directors, but found it very difficult to be helped. My first movie after my graduation, 'Kings after Kings',i acted as a palace guard for 3 scenes, it was a non-speaking role, next was 'Military Zone', also a non-speaking role.
                             I was a bit disappointed and i wanted to withdraw, but, each time i saw a Nigerian movie, the drive to be a part of the industry increased. So, i prayed to God about it, gave my tithes as a committed Dominion city member and in a few months, i started a new life as a producer and since 2012, i have been quite successful with four films to my credit,'Dangerous License', 'Love fighter', and more recently, 'Devil's Contract' and 'The Fallen Angel'.





Anita's Corner: Do you still take movie roles?

Ken Jewel: As a Producer, yes, i take roles because i have a passion for acting, i still get roles from other producers. I featured in 'Table of Men', 'The Habit' and all my productions.

Anita's Corner: Any new projects your working on that you would like to share?

Ken Jewel: Well, i just finished a recent work on May 2nd, 'Devil's Contract', full of suspense, excitement, tension, the movie reveals the untold things that might befall nollywood soon, its very educative, it features Patience Ozokwor, Oby Okoli, Amanda Ebeye, etc. Also, i am working on two new projects, one is an investigative thriller, African setting, the other is a tragedy story about a,'Virgin Widow'. The action movie is a cinema film.





Anita's Corner: What would you like to say to new entrants into Nollywood?

Ken Jewel: I ll advice potential entrants to define their stand, be hardworking, patient and steadfast. Nollywood isn't something you get into and meet stardom in eight months.

Anita's Corner: Am sure some ladies would like to know,is Ken Jewel in a relationship?

Ken Jewel: No, i am not, but, hope to when i find 'her'.

Anita's Corner: Its been nice having you on Anita's corner. Thank you for your time.

Ken Jewel: You're most welcome.                                                                          

His twitter handle: @iamkenjewel




9 comments:

  1. I must also confess a crush on Omotola and Genevieve also drove me to theatrical drama but I had to withdraw cos of my education too... How can I get back in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better start turning my crush to reality then hehehe. I hope u get to act with Omotola someday

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'l definitely get to act with her with his obvious success in d industry... Kudos 2 ken and brilliant work nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pwity nice well done ad keep d good wrk going ken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one there. Omotola wherever u are, u need to contact ken jewel and ask for a movie role as soon as possible #winks#. Success all d way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ken jewel kudos..... Omotala has succeded in raising a promising movie personality

    ReplyDelete
  7. heheheee just reading this now...... the guy is cute tho

    ReplyDelete
  8. very interesting that a woman can lure one to success by just being wonderful. if only they were more of these types of women lol

    ReplyDelete